|NOTE: THIS IS OUTDATED!|
What is Mambo-SMF Forum:
Mambo-SMF Forum is a Mambo component that integrates SMF forum to Mambo.
What is SMF:
Like phpBB, SMF is one the fully featured open source forum software. You can download it from simplemachines.org.
Currently Supported Versions:
Mambo 4.5.1x / 4.5.2x
1. Install SMF on the same database as Mambo.
2. Install SMFMamboMod using SMF's Package Manager.
3. Install and configure Mambo-SMF Forum component.
Supported Login Modules:
1. Mambo default login module.
2. Community Builder login module.
3. Mambo-SMF Login Module.
*Mambo-SMF Forum should work with all the available modules of the old mambo-bridge.
1. How to install SMF on existing Mambo database?
Extract the SMF zip files on a sub-folder of you mambo absolute path.
/home/public_html/ --> mambo absolute path
/home/public_html/smf/ --> smf install files
Point your browser to the SMF install url and begin installing SMF. Installation should be straight-forward.
http://www.squaresite.com --> your mambo home
http://www.squaresite.com/smf --> your smf url
2. How to install SMFMamboMod.zip using SMF's Package Manager?
1. Go to SMF url and login as an administrator.
2. Click "admin" button.
3. Click "Package Manager".
4. Click "Download New Packages" and pick SMFMamboMod.zip.
5. After the mod was uploaded, click "Apply Mod". (Remember set the require file permissions to writable, better yet set SMF path and all files and sub-directories to writable before you apply the mod).
6. Click "Proceed" to apply the mod.
During this process, you should not see any items marked "failure". Otherwise, you might need to get the original files and re-install the mod.
3. How to install and configure the Mambo-SMF component?
1. Install the component like how you used to.
2. To configure, go to mambo admin and go to Components and click Mambo-SMF Forum -> Configuration.
3. Set the "SMF Absolute Path". This is the path where you installed SMF.
4. Set the "SMF Database Prefix". Typically this would be "smf_".
5. The "Installation Checklist" will say whether the component is properly configured.
4. When to synchronize Mambo and SMF users?
Syncronization is optional for new SMF installs. Before you synchronize, try to login first and see whether your installation in your server is running smoothly. This component might encounter some issues with other servers.
The user data is automatically synchronized to mambo and smf during login.
But if you have existing SMF data, you will need to synchronize to avoid registering existing username in SMF to Mambo.
(please feel free to add on this FAQ)